On this hosted holiday we break our outward and return journeys with overnight stays in the heart of England so you arrive refreshed and ready to enjoy your time in Cornwall then return home revitalized. Pride of the Atlantic coast, Newquay boasts some of the finest beaches in Europe. The picturesque old harbour is a joy to explore and Trenance Leisure Park offers endless holiday fun. Perhaps ride the Lappa Valley miniature gauge steam train or drop in at one of the atmospheric smugglers’ pubs for a colourful reminder of Cornwall’s shady past! We explore the Cornish coastline discovering the picturesque ports of Looe, Polperro, Penryn, Falmouth, St Ives and Penzance.
- Return coach travel – available from Inverurie, Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Dundee, Perth, Dunfermline or Edinburgh
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation staying at the Barrowfield Hotel, Newquay on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in the Midlands area with dinner, bed and breakfast – 1 night on the way down and 1 night on the way back
- Comfortable coach travel throughout
- Excursions as stated
- Services of a Glenton Holidays host
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
From local joining points, meet your host then journey to your overnight hotel in time for dinner.
After breakfast, we continue south to Newquay and check in at the Barrowfield Hotel.
Our treat today is an excursion firstly to St Ives, rated the fourth best beach resort in the UK. Perhaps visit the Leach Pottery, the Barbara Hepworth Sculpture Museum or explore the harbour before we continue to pretty Penzance – England’s most southerly point.
A free day to explore Newquay. Explore the sandy Fistral and Watergate Bay beaches, visit the Blue Reef Aquarium orhead inland to the Newquay Zoo.
We head to the tiny coastal haven of Looe where you’ll find a bustling fishing harbour and a sandy beach. From here we continue to the old world charm of Polperro, a delightful, unspoiled little village, beloved by artists and a former smuggler’s haunt.
We depart Newquay and journey to our overnight hotel in the Midlands.
After breakfast, we make our way home.